(714) 639-6222 | FAX (714) 639-8392 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
OCBC is normally open every day from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM
except on Fridays when we are open from 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM
2005 OCBC Members League
Opened to OCBC Members Only
the 1st place team of Jack Shu and Thuy Hoang and
the 2nd place team of Leo Pham and Greg Gerry of the
2005 OCBC Members League Championships
January 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 21 Teams - January 24 & 26, 2005 -
Winners: Bartolo Chen & Miriam Prell
Finalists: David Lee & Helen Lin
February 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 13 Teams - February 15 & 17, 2005 -
Winners: Solaiman Jonatan & Binh Vuong
Finalists: Greg Gerry & Marvin Lin
March 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 15 Teams - March 12 & 13, 2005 -
Winners: Steven Jonatan & Sri Nathan
Finalists: Ravi Pudipeddi & Andy Moey
April 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 8 Teams - April 21 & 24, 2005 -
Winners: Ravi Pudipeddi & Christine Orita
Finalists: Ron Blanchard & Raju Rai
May 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 10 Teams - May 19 & 22, 2005 -
Winners: David Lim & Calvin Lin
Finalists: Marvin Lin & Rulien Yeh
June 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 10 Teams - June 21 & 23, 2005 -
Winners: Bartolo Chen & Thuy Hoang
Finalists: Kurniawan Hardi & Patrick Thona
July 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 8 Teams - July 26 & 28, 2005 -
Winners: Howard Bach & Ron Blanchard
Finalists: Rulan Yeh & Greg Gerry
August 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - Cancelled
September 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 8 Teams - September 27 & 29, 2005 -
Winners: Leo Pham & Greg Gerry
Finalists: Marvin Lin & Calvin Lin
October 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 8 Teams - October 18 & 20, 2005 -
Winners: Nicholas Hardi & Marvin Lin
Finalists: Kurniawan Hardi & Sri Nathan
November 2005 OCBC Members League Tournament - 10 Teams - November 15 & 17, 2005 -
Winners: Howard Shu & Eric Kuo
Finalists: Jack Shu & Thuy Hoang
2005 OCBC Members League Championship - December 3 & 4, 2005
* Open to 2005 member league winners & finalists only * (Winners & Finalists annouced above)
Starting January 2005, the OCBC Members League will begin with teams competing in monthly doubles single-elimination tournaments with the following format:
1. Each team can either have two male players, two female players, or one male player and one female player.
2. To level the playing field, the OCBC coaching staff, who are ineligible to play, will create and maintain an OCBC Members League Ranking List that classifies all participants as either "A" level or "B" level players and assigns point handicaps for stronger players. No team can have two "A" level players.
3. Before a tournament match is played, the combined point handicaps of the teams are compared and the team with the lower point handicaps is awarded a starting score equal to the difference between the two teams' point handicaps.
4. The OCBC coaching staff will continue to monitor and adjust the point handicaps to try to maintain fair and fun play.
5. A new league single-elimination tournament will begin each month with matches played on designated days between 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM or 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM until the final match is played.
6. The entry fee for the monthly league tournament is only $10.00 per person, all of which goes towards that month’s prize purse.
7. The monthly league tournament prizes are distributed as follows:
Winner team receives 40% of the prize purse,
Runner-up team receives 24% of the prize purse,
Semi-finalist teams share 20% of the prize purse (10% per semi-finalist team), and
Quarter-finalist teams share 16% of the prize purse (4% per quarter-finalist team).
8. The winner and runner-up teams in each monthly tournament will also earn the right to play in the 2005 OCBC Members League Championship to be held in December 2005. There is no entry fee for this invitation-only single-elimination tournament (maximum of 24 teams) that will award the following prizes:
Winner team receives $1,200.00 in OCBC or Bebe’s Café gift certificates,
Runner-up team receives $720.00 in OCBC or Bebe’s Café gift certificates,
Semi-finalist teams share $600.00 in OCBC or Bebe’s Café gift certificates ($300.00 per semi-finalist team), and
Quarter-finalist teams share $480.00 in OCBC or Bebe’s Café gift certificate ($120.00 per quarter-finalist team).
9. All league players are responsible for providing their own feather shuttlecocks for league play.
Please contact Tim Mangkalakiri at the OCBC Pro Shop or at (714) 639-6222 for more information.
• Return to OCBC Home Page