(714) 639-6222 | FAX (714) 639-8392 | E-mail: email@example.com
OCBC Rules & Regulations
Please review all our rules and regulations before using the OCBC facility. The OCBC staff may also inform you about additional rules and regulations. Please ask them if you have any question.
COVID-19 pandemic reopening rules effectve August 2021
1. OCBC will un-suspend all active OCBC memberships when OCBC is reopen for business.
2. Everyone playing at OCBC must reserve a court to play on. The court rental rate is $30.00 per hour per court. There will be no guest fee for up to 6 persons registered to play on a paid rental court. There is a $12.00 flat guest fee for the 7th or 8th person registered to play on a paid rental court. Rates are subject to change at any time without notice.
Advance court rental reservations is recommended at: ocbadminton.skedda.com
Reservations can be made for 30 minutes blocks with a minimum of 1 hour.
3. An OCBC member with an un-suspended paid membership may reserve a maximum of one court for up to 90 minutes per day without paying the OCBC hourly court rental fee. Some OCBC courts may not be available as "free for members" courts. OCBC will allocate at its discretion a reasonable number of courts at a particular time that are available for member rental without paying the court rental fee.
4. The OCBC member who rented a court for no cost must be present at that court for the duration of the reservation or the reservation will end when he or she leaves.
5. There is a $12.00 flat guest fee for a person who is not a current OCBC member to play on a "free for members" court. This guest fee does not allow free re-entry into OCBC facility.
6. Drop-in rental will be accepted if there is an unreserved court available. This will need to be arranged at the pro shop. Non-members will have no time limit for their paid court booking. OCBC members (including members who have used their 90 minute court reservation allotment per day) may use drop-in rental at no charge for one hour at a time subject to availability. After the hour, if a member wishes to continue using the court, they must visit the pro shop to check for availability. Drop-in rentals are on a first-come, first-serve basis regardless of membership status.
7. Up to 8 players are allowed to register to play on a reserved court. The player names are registered at the start of the court reservation time and cannot be changed for the duration of the reservation. It is recommended that only members of the same household play on a doubles team.
8. Everyone who plays in OCBC must stay on their reserved court and must leave after their reserved court time is over.
9. Any reservation that is cancelled (by member or non-member) less than 24 hours in advance will not be refunded. Members will be responsible for $30/hour for their court cancelled within 24 hours of their booking. All changes/cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes/Cancellations on Skedda are no longer allowed.
10. OCBC will no longer offer new OCBC memberships or allow any cancelled memberships to be re-activated. OCBC membership cannot be put "on hold".
11. Current OCBC members can renew their memberships as long as they pay their membership dues on time. Payment deadline for membership dues will be enforced.
12. OCBC will no longer offer annual membership renewal option. Current OCBC members with expiring annual memberships can only renew with monthly memberships.
13. If OCBC is shut down again by government order then memberships will be suspended again until OCBC is allowed to reopen.
14. No spectator will be permitted in the facility.
15. Masks should be worn when not on court in the facility. Temperature checks will be conducted upon entering the facility and any person with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter the facility.
16. Please do not enter the facility more than 5 minutes prior to your reservation. Please leave promptly at the end of your reservation time. Please do not linger to socialize inside the facility.
17. The locker rooms and showers will remain closed until further notice.
18. Racket and shoe rentals are available for $5.00 each. All rackets and shoes are sanitized after each rental.
19. Private lessons will be available with our coaches at the hourly rate of $90.00 per hour for current members or $100.00 per hour for non-members. Private lessons can be scheduled at the pro shop or by calling 714-639-6222 during normal business hours.
Any guests not following these rules may be asked to leave the facility without refund.
General Rules (Amended as appropriate by COVID-19 pandemic reopening rules above until further notice)
1. All OCBC members, guests and court rental players must check-in at the OCBC front desk. Please have your club ID card or identification document ready to show when checking in.
2. Anyone who does not sign an OCBC liability release form will not be allow to use the OCBC facility.
3. Paying the guest fee enables the payor to enter and play in the OCBC facility as a guest until he or she leaves the OCBC facility. There is no "free re-entry."
4. OCBC Management may limit the number of guests and court rental players that can use the OCBC facility at any time.
5. OCBC will normally accept personal checks for payment only from OCBC members.
6. All OCBC members, guests and court rental players must use Yonex brand shuttlecocks or shuttlecocks purchased at the OCBC pro shop while playing in the Orange County Badminton Club. OCBC will immediately terminate the membership status of any member who is found to be violating this policy. Any guest or court rental player who is found to be violating this policy will have to leave the OCBC premises immediately. Anyone who violates this policy will not be entitled to any refund and may be barred from entering the OCBC premises in the future.
7. OCBC members and guests may not bring outside food or drinks in to the Orange County Badminton Club. Only food or drinks purchased at Bebe’s Cafe or the OCBC snack bar are allowed. Absolutely no food or drinks are allowed on the exposed hardwood floor areas. Anyone who violates this policy will have to dispose the outside food or drinks immediately or be required to leave OCBC premises immediately without refund.
8. OCBC members and guests are not allowed to use any of the weight or running equipment inside the OCBC facility without written permission from the OCBC management. OCBC membership benefits do not include the use of any of the weight or running equipment.
9. Any OCBC member who fails to pay membership dues or any fees that are overdue more than three days will receive a delinquent notice suspending membership privileges until all overdue membership dues and fees have been paid. Any OCBC member who fails to pay overdue membership dues and fees for two months will lose their membership status without receiving any refund.
10. The OCBC pro shop warranties Yonex rackets purchased at OCBC for only two weeks (14 days). An OCBC receipt must be submitted with the broken racket for Yonex to consider replacing the racket, if a defect exists. All other OCBC pro shop merchandises and services are sold “as-is” without any warranty.
11. OCBC does not allow smoking, gum chewing, animals or weapons in the facility. Anyone found to be violating this policy will be required to leave the OCBC premises immediately without refund and may be barred from entering the OCBC premises in the future.
12. Children are not allowed to loiter in the OCBC parking lot area without adult supervision.
13. OCBC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
14. OCBC reserves all rights to refuse service and to revoke the membership status of any OCBC member.
OCBC members, guests and court rental players (herein referred to as "players") are subject to the control and guidance of the OCBC staff, and must follow their instructions while in the club. Players agree to conduct themselves in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in the club and not cause any disturbances or interfere with the safe use or enjoyment of the club by other players. Players shall not conduct, purchase or subscribe to any commercial business or activity on club premises or solicit other players for any reason without the club's prior written consent. Under no circumstances shall players interfere with the club's conduct of its business. Any complaints, other than those of an emergency nature or requiring immediate attention by the OCBC staff, shall be made directly to the management in private.
OCBC reserves the right to deny entry to the club by any person whose attire is not considered by the OCBC staff to be appropriate in connection with the public image of the club and its rules and regulations. No profane language or slogans on any attire is permitted in the club.
Athletic shoes are required in the court area. No black sole shoes are permitted on the badminton courts.
Responsible Use of the Club
Players should consult with a physician before using our services and facilities. Players understand and acknowledge that OCBC has no expertise in diagnosing, examining or treating any medical condition, including open cuts, abrasions, sprains, sores, infections, maladies or inability to maintain personal hygiene, if such a condition poses a direct threat to the health or safety of players and others. Players agree to use the facility in accordance with all applicable public health requirements. It is the player's responsibility to consult with a physician to determine if any of these conditions exists and, if so, whether such condition poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the player and others. OCBC reserves the right, regardless, to make the final determination.
Waiver and Release
Player agrees that by engaging in any physical exercise, class or activity, or by using any club equipment or facility on the premises, the player does so at his/her own risk. The player agrees that he/she is voluntarily participating in activities and use of the facility and premises (including the parking lot) and assumes all risk of injury, illness, damage or loss to the player and player's property. The player agrees to release and discharge OCBC, all affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all claims or causes of action (known or unknown) arising out of OCBC's negligence. The player acknowledges that he/she has carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understands that it is a release of liability. Player is waiving any right that he/she may have to bring a legal action to assert claim against OCBC for its negligence.
Lockers are available for one-year rental by members. Locks are not provided. Daily and weekly rentals are also available. Please do not leave valuables in the lockers. OCBC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
No perishable items may be stored in the lockers. Members are responsible for maintaining their lockers. Any damage to the locker resulting from renter’s negligence shall be the responsibility of the member. Members are responsible for lock removal if their locks cannot be removed. OCBC reserves the right to inspect the content of any locker at any time.
No hair dyeing, bleaching, or perming is permitted in the locker room. No glass containers are permitted.
• Return to OCBC Home Page