Please review all our rules and regulations before using the OCBC facility. The OCBC staff may also inform you about additional rules and regulations. Please ask them if you have any questions.
Effective February 14, 2023
1. OCBC is a badminton courts rental facility with no membership program.
2. Everyone playing at OCBC must reserve a court to play on. The court rental rate is $36.00 per hour per court. There will be no guest fee for up to 6 persons registered to play on a paid rental court. There is a $14.00 flat guest fee per person for the 7th or 8th person registered to play on a paid rental court. Rates are subject to change at any time without notice.
Advance court rental reservations are recommended at: ocbadminton.skedda.com
Reservations can be made for 30 minutes blocks with a minimum of 1 hour.
3. Drop-in rental will be accepted if there is an unreserved court available. This will need to be arranged at the pro shop. Drop-in rentals are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4. Up to 8 players are allowed to register to play on a reserved court. The player names are registered at the start of the court reservation time and cannot be changed for the duration of the reservation. It is recommended that only members of the same household play on a doubles team.
5. Everyone who plays in OCBC must stay on their reserved court and must leave after their reserved court time is over.
6. Any reservation that is canceled less than 24 hours in advance will be charged for “no show” without a refund. All changes/cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com. Changes/Cancellations on Skedda are not allowed.
7. Any person with respiratory illness symptoms may not be allowed to enter the facility.
8. Please do not enter the facility more than 5 minutes prior to your reservation. Please leave promptly at the end of your reservation time. Please do not linger to socialize inside the facility.
9. Racket and shoe rentals are available for $6.00 each. All rackets and shoes are sanitized after each rental.
10. Private lessons will be available with our coaches at the hourly rate of $100.00 per hour. Private lessons can be scheduled at the pro shop or by calling 714-639-6222 during normal business hours.
11. Anyone who is not an OCBC employee cannot do professional coaching on a normal rented OCBC badminton court. Professional coaching is defined as a person performing badminton coaching activities with at least one student who is not an immediate family member. OCBC Management has total discretion to make the determination regarding what is professional coaching activities.
12. All players must check-in at the OCBC front desk. Please have your identification document ready to show when checking in.
13. Anyone who does not sign an OCBC liability release form will not be allowed to use the OCBC facility.
14. OCBC Management may limit the number of guests and court rental players that can use the OCBC facility at any time.
15. All players must use Yonex brand shuttlecocks or shuttlecocks purchased at the OCBC pro shop while playing in the Orange County Badminton Club. Any guest or court rental player who is found to be violating this policy will have to leave the OCBC premises immediately. Anyone who violates this policy will not be entitled to any refund and may be barred from entering the OCBC premises in the future.
16. Outside food or drinks except water is not allowed inside the Orange County Badminton Club. Absolutely no food or drinks are allowed on the exposed hardwood floor areas. Anyone who violates this policy will have to dispose the outside food or drinks immediately or be required to leave OCBC premises immediately without refund.
17. Players are not allowed to use any of the weight or running equipment inside the OCBC facility without written permission from the OCBC management.
18. The OCBC pro shop warranties Yonex rackets purchased at OCBC for only two weeks (14 days). An OCBC receipt must be submitted with the broken racket for Yonex to consider replacing the racket, if a defect exists. All other OCBC pro shop merchandises and services are sold “as-is” without any warranty.
19. OCBC does not allow smoking, gum chewing, animals or weapons in the facility. Anyone found to be violating this policy will be required to leave the OCBC premises immediately without refund and may be barred from entering the OCBC premises in the future.
20. Children are not allowed to loiter in the OCBC parking lot area without adult supervision.
21. OCBC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
22. OCBC reserves all right to refuse service.
OCBC guests and court rental players (herein referred to as “players”) are subject to the control and guidance of the OCBC staff, and must follow their instructions while in the club. Players agree to conduct themselves in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in the club and not cause any disturbances or interfere with the safe use or enjoyment of the club by other players. Players shall not conduct, purchase or subscribe to any commercial business or activity on club premises or solicit other players for any reason without the club’s prior written consent. Under no circumstances shall players interfere with the club’s conduct of its business. Any complaints, other than those of an emergency nature or requiring immediate attention by the OCBC staff, shall be made directly to the management in private.
OCBC reserves the right to deny entry to the club by any person whose attire is not considered by the OCBC staff to be appropriate in connection with the public image of the club and its rules and regulations. No profane language or slogans on any attire is permitted in the club.
Athletic shoes are required in the court area. No black sole shoes are permitted on the badminton courts.
Responsible Use of the Club
Players should consult with a physician before using our services and facilities. Players understand and acknowledge that OCBC has no expertise in diagnosing, examining or treating any medical condition, including open cuts, abrasions, sprains, sores, infections, maladies or inability to maintain personal hygiene, if such a condition poses a direct threat to the health or safety of players and others. Players agree to use the facility in accordance with all applicable public health requirements. It is the player’s responsibility to consult with a physician to determine if any of these conditions exists and, if so, whether such condition poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the player and others. OCBC reserves the right, regardless, to make the final determination.
Waiver and Release
Player agrees that by engaging in any physical exercise, class or activity, or by using any club equipment or facility on the premises, the player does so at his/her own risk. The player agrees that he/she is voluntarily participating in activities and use of the facility and premises (including the parking lot) and assumes all risk of injury, illness, damage or loss to the player and player’s property. The player agrees to release and discharge OCBC, all affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all claims or causes of action (known or unknown) arising out of OCBC’s negligence. The player acknowledges that he/she has carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understands that it is a release of liability. Player is waiving any right that he/she may have to bring a legal action to assert claim against OCBC for its negligence.
Daily and weekly rentals are available. Locks are not provided. Please do not leave valuables in the lockers. OCBC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
No perishable items may be stored in the lockers. Any damage to the locker resulting from renter’s negligence shall be the responsibility of the renter. OCBC reserves the right to inspect the content of any locker and to remove any lock without being responsible for the cost of the lock at any time.
No hair dyeing, bleaching, or perming is permitted in the locker room. No glass containers are permitted.